In this role, you will spearhead our Development Organization working on Elevate, a state-of-the-art search and recommendation engine. A key responsibility in the role is to perfect processes to support innovation, ensure tech excellence, and make sure our tech vision is aligned with the broader company- and product vision while continuously supporting our customer needs.
As the Director of Engineering at Voyado, you'll wield influence in three core areas: people, processes, and technology.
Some examples of your work:
- Coach, lead, and have personnel responsibility for our Engineering Managers and a few senior developers
- Strategic and operational responsibilities for the Elevate Engineering organization
- You will evaluate and refine existing processes, fostering efficiency while maintaining a commitment to quality.
- Strategic and tactical team planning, including budget responsibility
- Guide our teams in our OKR process to set goals and measure outcomes
- Plan and coordinate strategic improvement initiatives and lead change management
- You will be part of our Tech Leadership Team
- Collaborate with other functions at Voyado, such as product and operations, on initiatives to align the product strategy with customer needs and business objectives.
So, who are you?
You are likely a strategic person who likes to contribute with new ideas and fresh input. Furthermore, you are likely very communicative, someone who will get your points through regardless of the level of knowledge of the recipient. You have experience in building successful teams in the past and you feel motivated by challenging the status quo.
In addition to your attributes and experiences above, you probably have:
- Master or PhD in a relevant field, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or Engineering
- Worked as a Senior Engineering Manager, Head of Development or similar role
- Experience with scaling agile product organizations with multiple teams
- Hands-on experience as a software developer, preferably in a Java environment
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams to align goals with the company's overall priorities and deliver value to the business.
- You are fluent in technical and business English, both spoken and written
What's in it for you?
You will be part of an extremely exciting journey in redesigning the market for personalized customer experiences. We want to make our product Europe's leading Product Discovery engine in retail and e-commerce, and together with our customers, we are well on our way. We are extremely dedicated to the task, but at the same time, we ensure that everyone is doing well at work. You will have plenty of room to grow in a creative work environment where personal development is as important as high competence.
We really care for our Voyadoers and some examples of what we can offer you are:
- Work-life balance – we don't have a long work-hours culture, we value results over hours worked
- Flexible working hours
- Kind and experienced colleagues who gladly share their knowledge
Some of our benefits:
- 30 days of vacation, so you can spend time on the things you love
- Beneficial bike lease, including e-bikes
- Breakfast buffet on Fridays
- Your choice of phone and gadget package
- 5000 SEK in wellness allowance
- A wellness hour a week
More on Voyado!
Voyado is a fast-growing company that operates and develops data-driven SaaS platforms within Marketing Automation, CRM, Loyalty, and Product Discovery. We are the leading tool for retail and eCommerce companies that want to personalize communication and customer experiences.
If you are ready for your next adventure and want to join our team on our expansion throughout Europe and are interested in customer care, eCommerce, retail, and tech - keep reading and check out some of our customers!
Ready to join the team?
Lovely! Applying is super easy. Use your LinkedIn profile (or upload a resume) and answer a few click-in questions (no data entry, we promise). We'd love to get to know you and understand what makes you tick, so write a few lines about what you enjoy about your role and what would be an exciting challenge for you going forward. We are eager to get to know you and what you love to do, so be yourself and let that shine through in your application!
As part of our recruitment process, we conduct a background check on the final candidate. We use background checks from Scandinavian Recruitment Intelligence. Here you can read more about how a background check is done.