Voyado is a fast-growing company that operates and develops a data-driven SaaS platform within Marketing Automation, CRM and Loyalty. We are the leading tool for retail and eCommerce companies that want to personalize communication and customer experiences. Voyado have for several years been the go-to solution in the Nordic countries and we are now growing rapidly in new markets such as the UK and the Netherlands. Want to know more about our future expansion plans? Read about our latest news about partnering up with Verdane and our acquisition of Apptus.
If you are ready for your next adventure and want to join our team on our expansion throughout Europe and have an interest in customer care, eCommerce, retail and tech - keep reading and check out some of our customers!
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of shaping the future of big data in the leading tool for eCommerce and retail companies that want to personalize communication and customer experiences – Making brands easy to love!
About the role
As a Data Engineer at Voyado you will be part of the data platform team in our Product Development organization. You will work alongside other data professionals in the team enhancing the data platform to empower engineers across Voyado to work with data. You will get the opportunity to work with the latest tools and technologies from leading technology providers and open-source projects. The Product Development organization have approximately 70 colleagues that are organized in agile teams, located in Norrköping, Stockholm, Åre and Lund. This role is situated at our office in Åre, Stockholm or Norrköping.
Some of the things you’ll get to do:
- Build large-scale batch and near real-time data processing systems with Python/Scala and Spark.
- Facilitate and drive collaboration with other software engineers, data scientists, and decision-makers, such as product managers, to build exceptional data powered products.
- Evolving our data pipelines towards technical excellence and continuously evaluating performance at scale.
- Continuously improving our code bases by working with innovative data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms.
- Continuously enhancing your knowledge within the world of “big data” technology as we are eager to try out new or enhanced technologies
How we work:
- We work in agile teams; each team has full ownership over one domain of our product
- We work according to Kanban-philosophy
- A clear connection between company vision and daily work
Our tech stack:
- Apache Spark
- Azure Synapse
- Microsoft Purview
- SQL Server
- Delta Lake
- Azure DevOps
What’s in it for you?
Voyado wouldn’t be the powerful platform it is without the people behind it. We really care for our Voyadoers and some examples of what we can offer you are:
- Work-life balance – we don't have a long work hours culture, we value results over hours worked
- Flexible working hours – just sync with your closest manager and team
- Competent and experienced colleagues who gladly share their knowledge
- Tech summits on a regular basis and individual lab days bi-weekly to explore new technologies and engage your creativity to the max!
- Opportunity to engage and deepen your knowledge in a guild of your choosing
- Joining an engaged team with a knowledge-sharing and friendly culture
Some of our benefits:
- Travel – once a year we travel to a nice destination to enjoy a perfect combination of work and fun
- 30 days of vacation, so you can spend times on the things you love
- Beneficial bike lease, including e-bikes
- Breakfast buffet on Fridays
- Free supply of fruit, tea, coffee, soda, ice cream and other snacks
- Your choice of phone and gadget package
- Free massage during working hours, 1 time/month
So, who are you?
You have a genuine interest for data, you like to try new ways and to share your skills and knowledge with your team. We also believe you are a humble team player.
You have some of the following skills and experiences:
- You have strong Python or Scala development skills
- You have experience working with SQL databases
- You have experience working in a cloud environment i.e., Azure, GCP or AWS
- You have experience working with data processing frameworks like Apache Spark
- You are passionate about Data and enjoy working with different teams to support them with their data infrastructure needs
Ready to join the team?
Lovely! Applying is super easy. Use your LinkedIn profile (or upload a resume) and answer a few click-in questions (no data entry, we promise). We´d love to get to know you and understand what makes you tick, so write a few lines about what you enjoy about your role and what would be an exciting challenge for you going forward. We are eager to get to know you and what you love to do, so be yourself and let that shine through in your application!
As part of our recruitment process we conduct a background check on the final candidate. We use background checks from Scandinavian Recruitment Intelligence. Here you can read more about how a background check is done.